Nickname

• Sonic

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • The Mollusk

Votes: 3 42.9%

Nathan "The Mollusk" or "Sonic" McGuire

4K views 12 replies 2 participants last post by  Choke_Wire 
#1 · (Edited)
hello readers and fellow fighters. My name is Nathan Brock McGuire and I amd trainning to fight my first pro mma fight either late april or early may. I have started my trainning camp and 2 day is day three but since im just starting it ill say this is day one.

Background: I am a dec 27th 20 year old and I plan 2 fight in either the 125 or 135 weight class for king of the cage.
I have 5-6 years american freestyle kickboxing trainning under 9th degree black belt Jerome Grant in Surrey B.C. and i have an amutur kickboxing recourd of 5-2 and a pro recourd of 1-1.

Trainning: I am trainning out of Fort St. John B.C. with team Iron Rhino. Fort St. John is 2100 feet above sea level and is way the **** up north...so its cold lol. I have Fabin my new American freestyle teacher, Clint my BJJ teacher and the owner runs a cardio program.

I am planning to train 4 months fight. win. go back 2 van to join back up with Jerome and Perfection kickboxing Acadamy and another MMA gym.

So far ive been going 3-4 hours a day and i hope to keep it up.

But what do you think would be a better nickname...ive been called both and Choke_Wire was my old one but ive passed that on to my younger bro who plans to fight on the same card as me. Im and tainning at 7:00pm 2 night.

See less See more
#2 ·
7:00 kickboxing 1min on 1min off

straight, right, hook
straight, stright, push kick, left round house
high kicks only
uppercuts on the nug
hooks
left kick, left kick, right left kick
straight, right low kick, striaght, right high kick

8:00 Clint was stuck out of town
free grappling
got a neck crank
got armbared
arm for me

8:30
weights, everything

workout 3/10

tommorw heavy weights

#7 ·
Day 5 Jan 27

Got a fight signed for Hardknoxs in Vancouver at the end of the month. Everything else will be confermed within the next to day. Plus i got anight ship job at wallmart....so i can pay my bills now.

Rules will be no head kicks, punches to head when on the ground, no elbows. If i win i move my self into a better position to be in the 8 man tourny which will have 3 fights over 3 nights....winner gets 10,000!!!!!

I weight my self and im 139.2 with out any food in me so im gunna be a small 135er

i found out i have a reach of 66....which sucks....sean sherk has the same length i was told today. lame

7:00 Kickboxing

Combos
Sparring (did really good)
Bag work

8:15 Grappling

transitions from mount side control and gaurd
chokes and arm bars

9:30 Weight

arms light weight lots of reps

10:00 signed deal

#11 ·
Day 9 Feb 2nd

6:00 Weights

Heavy through out, shoulder then back then core. 5 diffret types of each

7:00 random stuff

threw a medican ball as hard as we could aganist the ground then as high as we could back and forth

stand on exsersice ball passing other ball around

jump rope

bag work

8:00 mma class

subs from bottom and armbar from the top

9:00 free rolling

i did good, tapped a 270 pound guy

#12 ·
Out of the haze April 6 2010

well its been a while since i wrote in this thing.

ive been training.

In about late feb i dropped back down to vancouver and im back with jeromes at perfection kickboxing.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=401383774781&ref=ts

after 5 years of training. I stared when i was 8....(k been off and on a bit...not last 3 months lol) i got my black belt in American Free Style Kickboxing.

Me and my friend Jag (3-0) who i knew from old perfection got his on the same day, then about a week later my friend Tylor got his. I knew when i was like in grade 1. He a cool guy

so as far as ever knew jerome never taught a black belt and now he had 3 at the age of 48. Ive become almost a full time teacher....with a little more money we can buy the space next to us and have a full gym.

Right now its just some opens space we share with samurai fighters

as for me ive been going pretty hard. on a super protin diet to get bigger but i got sick and i have alot of trouble getting bigger....i was 140.2 in my shorts....so ive got a long ways to go before my body can naturaly catch up...

i love to kick... workin lots of bas rutten tapes at home and going kickboxing every week night...i train about 4 hour a day at the least. Cardio has been amazing since drop back down to sea level, very strong, kicking and punching with power and keepin the hands up. And fightin a 9th degree black belt gets u alright in the stand up.

and jerome brought in an mma guy who know nothing of stand up but seems to get the ground mambojombo.....so thats nice. Ive been rockin the ground work ever since i went up north to iron rhino and learn some proper groung with clint. The guy helped wand at one point.

Well in 2 month im gunna do the Can am west coast champion ship and clean house. Im gunna do four events on one day and maybe SanShou On saturday for kicks. But on sunday its MMA, Kickboxing, Pankration, Grappling No Gi that i wanna do. It will cost me 100 dollers all togther but if i can't win this I can't fight for money....Not yet

Today im doing weighted tri pumps and push ups...right now

#13 ·
April 22 3:15 Pm Good Bye 135

well i went to the pool and didn't drink like any water that day and i was pretty hungry so i didn't eat that much. I go in the sauna for about 30 mins stright and wipe my self off.
Well in just gym shortsi was 139.

Now most of u r saying (that's not cutting weight, u have to starve your self, sauna like 4 hours blah blah blah)

but i don't cut weight, i will maybe if it's just a 2 pound drop ill think about it. But since i started training at 8 till 12 years later my master (Jerome) never cut weight. He is right about my hight or so at like 5"9 at the most and he kickboxed (and was Canadian Champ) at heavyweight. (he couldn't quite make super heavyweight due to not roiding out.)

Now i look at my self and im a now black belt kickboxing (it's like having a brownish purple belt in BJJ) and im stronger then alot of trained people that weigh about 170-180ish plus alot of the 145 big names are about 2 inchies shorter then me somtimes 3. O ya and the ablitys to tap out the odd brown belt with only like 6 weeks of grappling training.

I reli think it time to go up. I'm only gunna bigger as i get older and i reli hate cutting weight. I't so nice to go to a weigh in and not feel like shit. I don't wanna limit my ablitys to fight later. Plus with mma i can udilize my striking so well on people.

I donno 145 just looks better these days. im like 142 right now...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.