MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - So many orginizations/fighters!! Help!!

View Single Post

Old 04-06-2010, 11:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Heisenberg
MMA Fanatic

Heisenberg has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Thanks for the answers. That link was helpful, although I've only even heard of a handful of the fighters on any of them. From what I can gather, Fedor is the best. At least record wise, I did see that Anderson Silva is ranked highly in Light Heavyweight and Middleweight, so to me that would kind of balance out Fedor's record.

I'm gonna do my homework on this because like I said in the OP, the sport instantly drew me in.

I also see and hear the name Pride come up a lot. And a friend told me it was a Japanese league (who knew Japan even had mma), but didn't really know a lot about it. What happened to it? Are there any of the fighters on these top 10 lists that came from Pride? And also, how long ago did it cease to exist?

It's a good thing that I'm posting this on the newbs board. lol I have a feeling I would be getting pummeled for asking all these questions on the main boards. I know how forums work....