MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Breaking into M.M.A. Training Log

View Single Post

Old 04-10-2010, 05:04 PM   #507 (permalink)
illmatic
Featherweight

illmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of light
Lifting
Squats 6,6,6 @ 255lbs
Deadlifts 6,6,6 @ 265lbs
DB Bench 6,6,6 @ 85lbs
Weighted Chin Ups 6,6,4 @ b/w+25lbs

AB Complex
Weighted Twist Crunch 20@45lbs
Decline Reverse Crunch 15@b/w
Cable Crunch 20@75kgs
AB Plank 2:00

Finally finished all sets on bench, more weight next week. Same weights for everything else. Good workout, felt strong.

After lifting I went to hit the bag for a bit, 3 minute rounds with 1 minute rest. I'm going to focus on the same simple combos until my fight... no point in trying to master a lot of stuff now, just going to get my striking endurance up and have a simple striking game of 1-2's and left kicks ingrained in my muscle memory.

1 - Jabs only
2 - 1-2's
3- 1-2-3's
4- 1-left kick
5- 1-2-1-left kick

No BJJ today, got my ear drained again last night and want to give it 3 days without people pressuring the shit out of it.
illmatic is offline   Reply With Quote