MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Breaking into M.M.A. Training Log

View Single Post

Old 04-13-2010, 01:31 AM   #508 (permalink)
illmatic
Featherweight

illmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of light
Burpees (5x3 minute rounds, 1 min rest)
1 - 31
2 - 28
3 - 25
4 - 26
5 - 22
Total - 132

Was feeling nauseous going into it but got 7 more than last week. Not sure how, I think I was pissed off though.

BJJ

Missed warm up, did pretty good in guard passes, two triangles. Advanced class was all rolling. First we did like 5 rounds wrestling stand up, then we did mount and back escape drills. Then we rolled. I had a great roll with Danny our brown belt who lets you play your game, I managed a smooth kimura sweep and then spun into north south and almost finished it from reverse mount. Kept position and stayed on top of side mount or turtle, then spent most of the rest of the round on his back. Won't go through all the other rounds but I was dominant against a bunch of whiteys and a blue. Got an americana from mount and armbar from guard. Good class.

I keep tweaking my right shoulder. I always post up on that side to work the kimura, and then if I get slammed down it's tough on the rotator cuff. Icing it now and it should be fine but it keeps reoccuring, going to add something to saturday's lifting to strengthen that shit.

Going to get my ass kicking in sparring tomorrow afternoon then hopefully muay thai/mma that evening.
illmatic is offline   Reply With Quote