MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Body Blow! The often overlooked (but always effective) body shot

View Single Post

Old 04-14-2010, 09:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
xbrokenshieldx
Featherweight

xbrokenshieldx is on another level nowxbrokenshieldx is on another level nowxbrokenshieldx is on another level nowxbrokenshieldx is on another level nowxbrokenshieldx is on another level nowxbrokenshieldx is on another level nowxbrokenshieldx is on another level nowxbrokenshieldx is on another level nowxbrokenshieldx is on another level nowxbrokenshieldx is on another level nowxbrokenshieldx is on another level now
Granted, I do not do as much stand-up technique as many of you do, but like the post above, I do not use the body shot that often. WHen I do, it is usually a feint and not much of a power shot. Just do it quickly to send a message, without the intention of finishing it.

Really, the only time I go for powerful body shots is when the fighter is covered up and there is little threat of a counter. If I have a guy backed into the corner and he is covering up his head, I will throw a strong liver shot. Other than that I stick to kicks and knees.
Team Stand Alone #1
xbrokenshieldx is offline   Reply With Quote