MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Body Blow! The often overlooked (but always effective) body shot

View Single Post

Old 04-14-2010, 10:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Squirrelfighter
Squirrel Fighting Champ

Squirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeberus View Post
I for one do not like the body blow. Unless its with kicks or knees. I prefer to stay on the outside, not to mention I feel like I get hit a lot more in the face when I routinely go to the body with my hands. I do not like being hit in the face, its pretty and I plan to keep it that way

Don't get me wrong I will occasionally end a combination with a right hand to the body as im leaving striking range. But I feel so much safer ending combinations with a kick to the body/leg.
I agree that kicks to the body are a much safer and more versatile option. While a handstrike to the body could possibly be more surgical, its much more likely to get you knocked down, or out, than a solid body kick or knee, but even knees get you mighty close!

Sig courtesy of that photo-matic magician limba

Quote:
I went out the way that I fight. I went out on my shield. Thatís it. Done. --Chuck Liddell
Quote:
My goal is to end my opponent --Carlos Condit
Squirrelfighter is offline   Reply With Quote