MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - The Bloodhound's Training Log

View Single Post

Old 04-15-2010, 10:06 AM   #14 (permalink)
Bloodhound
MMA Fanatic

Bloodhound has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Flock of Seagulls

Alright, at the moment I'm sitting here, getting ready for work but I haven't written in this thing in a little while so I thought I'd put some stuff down. I've been eating somewhat better. That is...less reliance on processed garbage and soda-pop! I wish it was zero reliance, but I'm not there yet and everytime I've ever tried cold turkey, its been epic fail.

My training over the past few is as follows:

4/9
Went out with my friends late as ****, wanted to run, but was too mentally tired to get my fat ass moving.

4/10
Powerlifting. I altered the previous powerlifting workout to be more logical in its design. Since the previous workout was more geared towards hypertrophy than powerlifting. It is now as follows:
Bench Press 5x5 @ 80% 1 minute between sets.
Approx fve minute between workouts for weight change and rest.
Shoulder Presses 4x5 @ 80% 1 minute between sets.
Approx five minutes between workouts for weight change and rest.
Deadlifts 4x5 @ 80% 1 minute between sets.
Approx 5 minutes between workouts for weight change.

I wanted to do bent over rows as well, but my form is imperfect with deadlifts and I wasn't sure my back could handle the strain.

4/11
I ran. I ran so far away-ayay, couldn't get away. Sorry that had to happen! But I ran the usual distance as well as determined its length to be 1.3 miles. Which is less than I would have hoped, but on 11 I ran a greater percentage than ever before, which made me feel much better. I had taken the dog with me on the run, and he got tired before me!

4/12
Bodyweight training. I know that body weight training is exceedingly important, in that it complements powerlifting by providing a certain level of hypertrophy, but provides a huge benefit to muscular endurance. That workout is as follows:
Bicycle Crunches 4x30(per knee, 60 total)
Wallsits 4x30sec full 90 degree recline.
Squat Thrusts 4x10
Pushups(mod) 4x20
Side Jumps 4x20(per leg, 40 total)
I am finding that while I am becoming stronger and more endured. My actual fighting technique is lessening, so I believe I am going to be adding bagwork to all of these workouts for the sake of at least making sure my technique rises in a decently even ratio to my strength.

4/13
Epic Fail on the run. Went drinkin' and eatin' out with the friends and was too tired and in belly discomfort(technical term for all you medical peeps)to really care I did nothing.

4/14
I did some heavy bag work, not as much as I should have considering 13's weak performance. I ended up having to work until 11 and walk home so my feet were a little raw and calloused from by boots so I said ****you to everything and just watched the TUF rerun at 12.

All in all not bad, but the last two days have been absolute BS. I have to get my blobby ass moving!
Bloodhound is offline   Reply With Quote