Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

It's official! Jean-Claude Van Damme fighting in 2010

31K views 71 replies 33 participants last post by  kantowrestler 
#1 ·
For the past few months we've been discussing the rumored 2010 kickboxing fight between Jean-Claude Van Damme and Thai Olympic boxer Somluck Kamsing, but have not heard anything official from Van Damme's side. Now, for the first time, Van Damme himself has spoken publicly and confirmed it - Jean-Claude Van Damme will face Somluck Kamsing in a legitimate kickboxing fight in 2010!

Van Damme spoke to the press about his plans for the year, indicating that he will have three reality shows this year - one related to casting, one behind the scenes on a Van Damme film project called The Tower, and one that follows Van Damme as he trains for his fight with Somluck.

The third show will follow both Van Damme in his training and Somluck as he trains in Thailand, culminating in the actual fight between the two men, to take place in either September or October in Macau, China (a change from the original plan to hold the fight in Las Vegas). Ever the self-promoter, Van Damme's The Tower will also be released at that time, so that in a one month span, Van Damme's different shows will wrap up, his new film will be released, and the Somluck fight will air.

Van Damme's comments on the fight:

[Fighting Kamsing] is kind of dangerous, but life is short and I want to do this fight... to prove to young people, and even to mature people, that a man can go into some very strong physical effort, training, and everything and also be a movie star.
http://www.headkicklegend.com/2010/1/23/1266712/jean-claude-van-damme-publicly

It's always fun to see movie stars try their luck in sports. This fight will be fun to watch and I'm excited to see what Van Damme can do in a ring. Van Damme is 50.

Perhaps Stallone will try too and they could fight together. The winner should face Schwarzenegger. :thumb02:

#2 ·
http://www.headkicklegend.com/2010/1/23/1266712/jean-claude-van-damme-publicly

It's always fun to see movie stars try their luck in sports. This fight will be fun to watch and I'm excited to see what Van Damme can do in a ring. Van Damme is 50.

Perhaps Stallone will try too and they could fight together. The winner should face Schwarzenegger. :thumb02:

Wow my childhood is now coming back to me and slapping me in the face going "Remember Blood Sport!" lol this is going to be something else hahaha! I actually cant wait for this fight, to see what the crazy helicopter kicking man will do

#3 ·
LoL how should they even last a minute against the Terminator^^

Van Damme is still a Legend for me, his movies are legendary! Who doesn't remember Bloodsport and Kickboxer?

I think he was and probably still is a good kickboxer, but 50 years thats a lot..

#4 ·
I knew this guy was going to grow old and still be athletic remember those nutty splits he did on Blood sport! That wasn't some fake shit lol.... And being the Black Belt as he is, we HAVE to see him fight Chuck Norris! Or the Cop Steven Seagal lol!

Wiki says Chuck Norris's record, based on tournament matches, is estimated to be 183-12-2, So bring it! Chuck Norris can kill Godzilla!

#14 ·
ehh that was earlier in the day he is now kicking a tree while being reminded of his brother, but I really want to see him with a slab of meat tied to his shorts with a wild dog chasing him. all in all I dont think he will be ready till he can break the bottom one though :thumb02:

#15 · (Edited)
4 sho he will train with Mirko, and Mirko is gonna wander off with his thoughts again lose the focus on his own training and of course upcoming fights.. anything for a old good friend ( who he met just couple of years back when it all started to go downhill career wise ).. but what are friends for if not to help one another..

Godspeed Jean Claude Van Damme!

#18 ·
Well it is tricky.. a fighter that people sometimes talk about here.. Lots of people talk about Fedor.. Mirko is almost forgotten.. Did not know Fedor was a friend of Jean either.. should have known that though cause now i kind of remember seeing one photo of them two together..

Fedor would be a better guy to work with now no doubt about that..

#24 ·
I heard Chuck Zito handed JCVD his ass outside a NYC club once. I dont think he has much of a shot here either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.