MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Alex Reid: The Fight of His Life

View Single Post

Old 04-17-2010, 01:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
vaj3000
Bantamweight

vaj3000 is a name known to allvaj3000 is a name known to allvaj3000 is a name known to allvaj3000 is a name known to allvaj3000 is a name known to allvaj3000 is a name known to allvaj3000 is a name known to allvaj3000 is a name known to allvaj3000 is a name known to allvaj3000 is a name known to allvaj3000 is a name known to all
Alex Reid 'pulls out of cage fight'
Thursday, April 15 2010, 18:43 BST

By Adam Silverstein

Bravo
Alex Reid has apparently dropped out of his forthcoming televised cage fight against rival Tom 'Kong' Watson.

The BAMMA (British Association of Mixed Martial Arts) match was scheduled to take place on May 15 in Birmingham. It is thought that Reid was planning to utilise skills he picked up during his Bravo show The Fight Of His Life in order to defeat his opponent.

However, Watson has now posted a message on his website stating that the battle is not going ahead.

He wrote: "It is now officially true, my fears have become reality... Alex Reid has pulled out of the fight with me on May 15. I was informed almost two weeks ago that Alex was complaining of a knee injury and was asking for the fight date to be moved.

"BAMMA asked to have their doctor examine Alex to which he refused and stated that it was no problem, he was definitely going to fight in May."

Watson added: "At this point BAMMA wanted to try and line up a replacement but after Alex had publicly done such press for the fight, CPL chose to air the programme on Bravo this Monday to eventually coincide with the fight in May. This convinced everyone involved including myself that Alex would be fighting.

"From my perspective, I am so angry at the way he has disrespected me in his behaviour... He has shown no concern for the money I have spent travelling back and forth and in camp for this fight."

Watson yesterday slammed Reid for going on holiday to Egypt with wife Katie Price weeks before the fight.