MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - I need some advice

View Single Post

Old 04-19-2010, 09:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
coldcall420
Banned

coldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty corner
Quote:
Originally Posted by luger0 View Post
I am looking to step inside a ring for a debut fight to see how far I have come.

Currently I weigh 170-72.5 pounds at 5'11" with less than 10% body-fat. I have been an athlete for nearly all my life.

So far I know I want to utilize a stand-up game of heavy hand-strikes, elbows,knees and leg-strikes. I have some background in wrestling.

Back in January I decided to cut myself into shape. For the last two months I have been working myself past what my mind tells me I can do. My workout philosophy is pretty simple and straight-forward: "If I do a set of heavy days I better be feeling the workout pain during the night and at least 2 days after if not I did nothing beneficial".

I have a regimen where I do a Monday & Tuesday as my heaviest days. Whatever I do on Monday I force my body to do double the next day.

Like most men looking into this sport I have very little cash to devote to equipment. Right now I use a 80 pound weight in a back-pack for dual-armed curls along with a 40-pound bag of rock-salt. Last weekend I picked up a body-bag which will be hung later today. Sadly this is all I can say I have for training materials.

During my 1st week I did 360 lifts of 40-pounds dual-armed curl, 125 diamond push-ups, 75 regular push-ups, 150 40-pound crunches, 10 160-pound front-squats, and 1.5 minutes of (holding the 40-pound bag on my ankles in a crunch position) this was Monday only.

My 2nd week I moved up to the 80-pound lift for curls put in 125 on Monday and 250 Tuesday along with the fore-mentioned lifts.

In my 3rd & 4th weeks I did my regular body workouts in addition to high-count crunches, my lowest count during those 14-days was 800 crunches un-weighted and my single best day was 1800.

I was rather stupid during the 4th week, I didn't use correct form on my curls and messed up my left wrist, now 4 weeks later it is healed.

This portion wraps up the 1st month. I focused on punch-endurance with ankle weights on the wrists.

I have found that the punch-endurance takes a fair amount of time to re-coup from...at least 4-6 days.

I worked on that endurance plus alongside of my body-workouts one week I did a push-up kick and did 800 one night.

Now with the 2nd month ending I am focusing on forming a solid wall of muscle in my core. Last night I did 500 full sit-ups.

Sorry if you do not care for bios, but I wanted to share what I have done and see what can be improved.

Any criticism would be great thank you for your time.

Can you get into a Gym somewhere?? I know you said you were low on cash but some schools are cheap and would at least have better facilities for you to utilize....
coldcall420 is offline   Reply With Quote