Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Greatest Single Fight Performance Ever

2K views 39 replies 31 participants last post by  Damone 
#1 ·
What is the greatest single fight performance ever in the UFC. We're not talking about the best fighter ever...just the Wilt Chamberlain 100 points in a game type of performances. Some possibilities........

GSP (GSP-Hughes 2)
Matt Hughes (Hughes-Trigg 2)
Diego Sanchez (Sanchez-Parisan)
Forrest Griffen (Griffen-Ortiz)
Tito Ortiz (Ortiz-Shamrock 1)
Jason McDonald (Macdonald-Herman)
BJ Penn (Penn-Hughes 2)

#27 ·
ricefarmer said:
26 post.. ur obviously an mma noob who just got into the game or just discovered mma so i wont take u seriously good bye
Please explain to me how the number of posts that you have is used to determine your MMA knowledge. The number of posts simply determines how long you have been on a forum, so SHUT THE **** UP.

#29 · (Edited)
ricefarmer said:
26 post.. ur obviously an mma noob who just got into the game or just discovered mma so i wont take u seriously good bye
First of all post count means nothing of mma knowledge. Otherwise you would have to take everything I say as gospel. Secondly, evem if he is/was a "newb" how do you expect mma to ever get anymore knowledgable fans if all we have is people like you who choose to critisize rather than educate.

P.S. I inadvertently gave you positive rep that was meant to be negative.

#30 ·
no doubt its AA vs sylvia 1. Arlovski knocks fatass down with a single right, knows he cant reach fatass's fat head cuz fatass's legs are too ****ing long, so AA grabs fatass's foot and cranks that mother ****er until fatass cries like a ***** and taps out. all this in 47 seconds.

#31 ·
Some of you got some strange fights you think are the best ever. For historical reasons a majority of you are wrong. If you are looking at the most dominating performances, you may be right about what fights you've said. When talking about the "Greatest Single Fight Performance Ever" you can't narrow that down.

#32 ·
Well, if you put it that way...

Heath Herring vs Jake O'Brien.

Heath Herring puts on the performance of a lifetime. The way he just lays there is amazing. He lays there like Steven Wright on Valium. If there ever was a single greatest performance for laying there, then Heath has taken the award.

That narrowin' it down enough?

#33 ·
flourhead said:
no doubt its AA vs sylvia 1. Arlovski knocks fatass down with a single right, knows he cant reach fatass's fat head cuz fatass's legs are too ****ing long, so AA grabs fatass's foot and cranks that mother ****er until fatass cries like a ***** and taps out. all this in 47 seconds.
I must say that fight was quite satisfying to watch, not sure if I enjoyed it as much as you though lol.

The Leben Vs Silva fight was also crazy, I never watched Silva b4 that fight.

#34 ·
Damone said:

Heath Herring puts on the performance of a lifetime. The way he just lays there is amazing. He lays there like Steven Wright on Valium. If there ever was a single greatest performance for laying there, then Heath has taken the award.

LMAO "steven wright on valium"....THE GUY ON THE COUCH!....nice reference

I will say...

Penn's performance against Hughes the first time...he completely OWNED Hughes when Hughes was in his prime.

Sr. Pierre vs Trigg
Hughes vs. Trigg 2
Parisyan vs. Shonie Carter
Sanchez vs Diaz

People who said Diego vs. Karo wanna explain how that was only a great performance by one fighter? That was an extrememly close fight, neither one of those guys dominated.

#35 ·
ricefarmer said:
Here we go again, ricefarmer never has anything good to add to a post, please take your ball and go home ricefarmer...please

btw: Hughes-Triggs is still one of my favorite overall performances, Hughes took a shot in the nuts and was almost choked out but hung in there, slammed Triggs to the ground and choked Triggs out again...

#38 ·
<M>MA said:
The prompt was the "greatest fight performance" not the greatest fighter and those two put on a very good fight.
The SINGLE greatest fight performance. I was under the impression that meant one guy, I just thought if you were gonna pick one of Diego's great performances, his fight with Diaz was much more dominating and great IMO. He barely beat Karo so I didn't think that was all that "great". :dunno:

#39 ·
Damone said:

Absolutely brilliant. Heath Herring's performance in that fight is one of my top five boldest strategies of all time. "OK Mr. Wrestler, I'm taken it to your world, I don't need my hands"....sure 15 minutes later he lost, but it was bold.

It will probably always be overshadowed by Salmon's risk that didn't pay off. In round 1 it was obvious that Salmon had the reflexes of a cat. I think he saw that kick coming a good half second before us mere mortals saw it and decided to break Rashad's foot with a head butt just to show how tough he was......Oops!

#40 ·
It's like Sean Salmon watched Ken vs Fujita, and thought he's have an iron chin. His strategy of trying to break Rashad's leg with his head was inspiring, but it didn't pay off. I hear Salmon was then going to go for some sort of flying leglock as well. That Sean Salmon, always trying to be a risk taker.

I hear Heath Herring shits Ambien.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.