MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Wrestling??

Thread: Wrestling??
View Single Post

Old 04-21-2010, 04:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
recon6991
Bantamweight

recon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacklistShaun View Post
When I said if you can get in a college program "later on" I meant wrestle through HS and work to get in a college program. Sorry if I didn't make myself clear enough.

I have done BJJ and Judo. I think if I walked onto a college wrestling team I could try out and do pretty well (although it would be pretty tempting to armbar someone).
You seriously think with a background in BJJ and Judo you could do well on a collegiate wrestling team? I honestly dont mean to be a dick, but thats absurd. BJJ you learn a lot of fighting from your back, in wrestling you lose from that position. I dont know much about judo, but wrestling is a very technical sport, judo may help, but a confident wrestler would wipe the floor with you at that level unless you also happen to be a confident wrestler, which it seems you are not. Not trying to be mean here, but thats the truth. A few skills may cross over, like a solid base and all that, but most of it wouldnt. The same thing applies to if a wrestler were to try high level judo without having a judo base, he would lose.