MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Wrestling??
Thread: Wrestling??
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by BlacklistShaun View Post
When I said if you can get in a college program "later on" I meant wrestle through HS and work to get in a college program. Sorry if I didn't make myself clear enough.

I have done BJJ and Judo. I think if I walked onto a college wrestling team I could try out and do pretty well (although it would be pretty tempting to armbar someone).
You seriously think with a background in BJJ and Judo you could do well on a collegiate wrestling team? I honestly dont mean to be a dick, but thats absurd. BJJ you learn a lot of fighting from your back, in wrestling you lose from that position. I dont know much about judo, but wrestling is a very technical sport, judo may help, but a confident wrestler would wipe the floor with you at that level unless you also happen to be a confident wrestler, which it seems you are not. Not trying to be mean here, but thats the truth. A few skills may cross over, like a solid base and all that, but most of it wouldnt. The same thing applies to if a wrestler were to try high level judo without having a judo base, he would lose.

I heartily accept the motto, "That government is best which governs least"; and I should like to see it acted up to more rapidly and systematically.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome