MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Wrestling??

Thread: Wrestling??
View Single Post

Old 04-21-2010, 05:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
BlacklistShaun
Flyweight

BlacklistShaun has a spectacular aura aboutBlacklistShaun has a spectacular aura aboutBlacklistShaun has a spectacular aura aboutBlacklistShaun has a spectacular aura aboutBlacklistShaun has a spectacular aura aboutBlacklistShaun has a spectacular aura aboutBlacklistShaun has a spectacular aura aboutBlacklistShaun has a spectacular aura aboutBlacklistShaun has a spectacular aura aboutBlacklistShaun has a spectacular aura aboutBlacklistShaun has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by recon6991 View Post
You seriously think with a background in BJJ and Judo you could do well on a collegiate wrestling team? I honestly dont mean to be a dick, but thats absurd. BJJ you learn a lot of fighting from your back, in wrestling you lose from that position. I dont know much about judo, but wrestling is a very technical sport, judo may help, but a confident wrestler would wipe the floor with you at that level unless you also happen to be a confident wrestler, which it seems you are not. Not trying to be mean here, but thats the truth. A few skills may cross over, like a solid base and all that, but most of it wouldnt. The same thing applies to if a wrestler were to try high level judo without having a judo base, he would lose.

Actually I was being serious. Some people forget that doing BJJ both guys can't be on their backs...someone has to be on top. I actually have a pretty good top game and have rolled with many collegiate wrestlers and was able to get and hold top position on them. So why would it be so absurd that someone that can move and has a very good BJJ top game could walk on to a college team and actually make it? Sure the rules are different, but someone who actually knows how to move and hold position has a much better chance than the average Joe.

And just so you know I actually have very good confidence in my wrestling because I have worked/trained with many wrestlers that competed on very high levels. I train in BJJ as well as Judo and wrestling, so your comment about me not being confident in my wrestling was absurd...you didn't even ask if I had ever wrestled before.

Last edited by BlacklistShaun : 04-21-2010 at 06:01 PM.
BlacklistShaun is offline   Reply With Quote