MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Wild Card(s)

Thread: Wild Card(s)
View Single Post

Old 04-29-2010, 12:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
jrik83
MMA Fanatic

jrik83 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Wild Card(s)

It was kind of interesting to hear Yagger talking about who will get the wild card and Attonito's spots. I know it's stupid to guess who will get the spots since not all of the fights have happened yet, but how would you rank the candidates' (McCray, Uscola, Blanchard and Hammortree) to this point?

I would rank them
1.) Hammortree - I think he lost the fight against tavares, but several people on here stated they thought he should have won after the second round. This is exactly the type of guy they made the wild card for.
2.) McCray - dominated the first round (I thought it should have been 10-8) but then gassed out terribly. I actually think he should have taken the decision after the second round though 19-18. Again, the type of guy they made the wild card for.
3.) Uscola - got thoroughly dominated for most of the 3:36. That knee was blatant IMO, but even Dana called it controversial. So again another strong possibility.
4.) Blanchard - terrible performance. Turtled up, was embarrassing to watch. I'll be shocked if they even consider him.

*In reality I will be shocked if Uscola doesn't get a spot though considering how controversial his finish was. I feel he shouldn't, because he was absolutely dominated before that stoppage.
jrik83 is offline   Reply With Quote