MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - How about a political forum?

View Single Post

Old 05-05-2010, 03:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Ruckus
Big Dawg

Ruckus Is Respected By All He CrossesRuckus Is Respected By All He CrossesRuckus Is Respected By All He CrossesRuckus Is Respected By All He CrossesRuckus Is Respected By All He CrossesRuckus Is Respected By All He CrossesRuckus Is Respected By All He CrossesRuckus Is Respected By All He CrossesRuckus Is Respected By All He CrossesRuckus Is Respected By All He CrossesRuckus Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
One or two political threads are more than enough, discussions get out of hand and despite the best efforts and often warning being given out we rarely can have a political thread burn out before we are forced to start handing out infractions and close it. An entire sub forum would be full of closed threads since there would be nothing to bump them. People can't discuss politics like adults they always end badly.
As a former bartender one of the rues of discussion is no politics and no religion. Someone is going to get offended and we know how that will turn out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBounca View Post
This is the only forum I visit that doesn't have a political forum. Should we say that MMAF can't discuss politics like adults?
I find it hard to believe that there is any forum out three where someone doesn't react poorly to a political thread, just my experience.

That being said, I would love a lounge dedicated to politics. Some of the better discussions I have had which subsequently led to a newer perspective of the world around me came directly from political discussions.