MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Judo vs. BJJ In The MMA World

View Single Post

Old 02-17-2007, 10:55 PM   #25 (permalink)
Trainee
Flyweight

Trainee has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Man, dont worry, i know alot about Helio and how he even started BJJ. And whats with this forum and people harrasing me.
Alright, I'll answer that question. And don't take any offense by it, it's the truth.
This here is a MMA forum (hence the URL "www.mmaforum.com"). By what you post, you don't get the point of MMA. It's obvious you think that BJJ is the be-all/end-all of grappling - the rest of the forum (and the world) don't agree. You claim that BJJ is superior to other arts, when it really isn't. Just because it sometimes is prefered by ring fighters, doesn't mean it is the greatest art of all time and a baby who learns it could submit half the world. There are other grappling arts that are on its level, some of them go even beyond what BJJ teaches.

What I'm trying to say is, be open-minded. A Judoka can win a fight against a Jitsuka, and vice-versa. It does depend on the person, not the art, especially if the two arts are almost alike and related. (I'll agree that BJJ has an advantage over stand-up arts, but it doesn't mean the BJJ practitioner's victory is ensured over someone who practices Aikido).
Trainee is offline   Reply With Quote