Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Most technical fight?

5K views 54 replies 35 participants last post by  Kang-War 
#1 ·
I've been an MMA fan for about a year and half and only recently have I been starting to get really interested in the technical aspect. So stand-up or ground, what's the most technical fight you've seen?

From what I've seen my choice would be Kazushi Sakuraba vs Carlos Newton at Pride 3.

#37 · (Edited)
Haha I guess you could say that. Just having a boring weekend and decided to find some good fights to watch.

It's crazy how much damage some people can take and continue to stand and fight back. I really respect people with that kind of heart and toughness, thanks for the video.

#40 ·
Standing I would have to say Machida-Shogun 1 like many people have already posted. Maybe not THE most technical standing fight but it's semi recent and when a fighter who is seemingly unbeatable in the standup is forced to struggle in the standup for 5 rounds to pull off a (controversial) win, you know you've just witnessed a technical showcase.

Not to mention the demonstration of classic style vs. style fighting with Machida's Karate (with some Muay Thai influence) and Shogun's Muay Thai. All in all, a spectacular fight as long as you don't dwell on the decision too long. Which shouldn't be as much of a problem now that Shogun made such a huge statement in the rematch.

Ground-fighting, none are quite as prevalent to me as Tyson Griffin vs. Clay Guida. A very exciting fight to watch from a technical perspective and it has enough action to appeal to the casual viewer as well.

It's tough to think of any fight that really showed well-rounded and technical fighting in every aspect. A good place to look though is some of GSP's older fights before he realized he could completely dominate any fighter with his wrestling with virtually no risk to himself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.