Votes: 25 30.9%
  • Close fight I don't know

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • Fedor via hail mary comeback

Votes: 20 24.7%

Fedor vs Overeem

2K views 25 replies 21 participants last post by  h2so4 
#1 ·
Ok well nothing is official but it only makes sense for this fight to happen. IF M-1 does not pull it's usual bullshit and screw us out of a superfight who do YOU see taking it?

You know what call me crazy (im sure many will) I think Fedor's time in the sun is comming to an end. I got Alistair second round TKO. It's hard to see mentally but all good things come to an end. Let's get real here AO absoutley wrecked Rogers while Fedor had a little trouble.

Who you got? Rational debating only please let's try to stay civilized.

EDIT: Should have made more options for the poll just scratch out the domination if you don't feel it will be an easy fight for ethier.

#6 ·
Fedor is way faster than Overeem, and is strong enough to knock him out with one punch. Fedor by domination.

One thing I noticed about Rogers is that he was backing from the beginning of the fight with Overeem. HAd he been backing up with Fedor as well, I'm sure Fedor would've dominated him.

#9 ·
I honestly believe that Overeem has the tools to beat Fedor, he certainly wont have nearly the same amount of fear as Rodgers, but Overeem is a real threat. Hopefully they'll make it happen sooner then later.

#10 ·
Damn, that's hard to call at this point. It would have to go to the ground I think and I still believe Fedor has the ground advantage. Overeems stand up is solid and he's got quickness along with that reach.

In my heart, Fedor, but not with a ton of confidence or anything.

#11 · (Edited)
Wow, I remember somebody put this poll up before Reems fight, and it was ridiculously in Fedor's favor. Were people really suprised by what happened on Saturday? I'd say the fight lasted longer than I expected. IMO the only way that Fedor wins this fight other than hail mary knockout, is by putting Overeem on his back... good luck with that.

Edit: 86-9 is the poll in favor of Fedor thats almost 90% certain that he would beat Fedor, and now he's making this poll competitive. Absolutely nothing has changed since the last poll, Overeem did what he said he would do, what most people knew he would do, so why the sudden change of opinion?

I find it laughable how people jump on and off bandwagons so much their knees must hurt, and I'll be laughing even harder when Reem stomps Fedor, I owe a lot of people 'I told you so'.

#12 ·
I find it exciting that the poll is turning out the way it is.

This fight will be bigger than any of the Afflcition onces. The only fights I can think of that were bigger were Fedor vs Cro Cop or Nog.

#15 ·
I think the fight with fedor would be very very different. Fedor counter punches extremely well something we have seen him do a million times, most recently against Arlovski who is supposedly a well class boxer and Rogers. I think if Fedor moves forward he will get the take down and if he backs up his got every chance of dropping Overeem. Will be and interesting fight...

But what I really want to know is will everyone give Fedor his credit if he beats Overeem?

#17 ·
Fedor would survive a blitz through two rounds and catch Overeem with a right hand out of left field and put him to sleep.

I say this not being a Fedor fan too.

#19 ·
voted, to close to call since the option I would of picked is not available, I think Overeem will win this fight but am edged only 60/40 in his favour and would not be at all surprised if we saw another magic Fedor comeback.

For the record, I posted multiple posts long before the Rogers fight about Overeem been in the best form of his career and stated that I would not be at all surprised if he was to return to SF and be the man to beat Fedor.

#20 ·
...Overeem calling Fedor out is justified. He mentioned the M-1 monkey business. I believe that. I was very suprised how 262 lb Rogers got thrown down like ragdoll then mauled. Overeem looked super confident. They said Overeem packed on 15 morelbs of muscle for the Rogers fight. He looked juiced as hell and Rogers looked intimidated as well. Overeem & Fedor know each others game like the back of their hands. All those Pride years together. Overeem certainly has all the tools to shock the MMA world but Fedor's footwork, timing & intelligence is unsurpassed. One clean, powerful shot on Alistair's chin and he's done. One clean headkick or knee from Overeem and Fedor will be in serious trouble. I feel that Fedor has faced so much adversity, beaten all opponents at their own game and has come through in mind-blowing fashion, counting him out is the last thing to do. I think it will be an incredible fight...

#25 ·
I picked Fedor.

If Overeem stays in US and A for some time off the roids. He will be weaker ;)

On a serious note. Its hilarious that one of the best fighters of all the time(Fedor) will go to this fight as a underdog for fans. AO is so intimidating with his look and K1 credentials, he dont have that good MMA credentials.

I think that this will be classic. First round for AO and we will see mortal Fedor. Silly SF commentators will claim that Fedor is in trouble and then 2nd round submission.

Look at the mind of AO during the fight: "OMG OMG IM WINNING.. Shit, tap tap tap" :thumb02:

#26 ·
Rogers that fought AO is not the same Rogers that fought Fedor. He wasn't as intimidated, and got an early confidence booster when he threw that first jab that cut Fedor's nose. He however was scared of AO due to the size and strength difference. AO tossed Rogers around, but so did Fedor..

That being said, AO for sure has the tools to beat Fedor, but so did every other opponent that fought Fedor in the past, its a HW division after all. But who did AO beat in the last two years to warrant “AO by domination”? What does he have going for him other then his K1 “superior” striking and size? He is talented, and he “could” beat Fedor, but he won't. Fedor will not be an underdog when he faces AO, and that will become obvious to many in the first round.

Anyone else notice AO's neck and head were bit smaller then usual?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.