MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Cardio?

Thread: Cardio?
View Single Post

Old 05-23-2010, 12:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
luger0
Flyweight

luger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of light
Cardio?

I know this is a loaded question but what are some of the best ways to increase your cardio?

I hear run sprints & long-distance.

I hear various other things but what would be an overall plan that allows you to remain in a state where you're not gassed after the 1st,2nd or 3rd round?

I have one idea, but it'll be quite hard to tackle.

When I have a friend helping me he spots the heavy bag and acts as a corner-man giving me pointers on what combos should be coming and so-forth.. I call this spotted bag work.

I do at least one of these days a week right now the last one I did I went fight-pace for 10 5-minute periods with a minute to rest and get some water.

I've done 4-sessions so far. Ideally I want to work up to 5-sessions/weekly for 4-hours each session for the 1st 2 weeks of the 10th or 12th month of my training so I can have as much cardio as I can, while I look for an amateur fight.

Would this be a good way to build up cardio, if it isn't what would you suggest?

Throughout life there are bumps along the way some may be painful...others not...who gives a damn in the end you'll still die
luger0 is offline   Reply With Quote