MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - best post-gym food?

View Single Post

Old 05-23-2010, 06:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
mroutdoorsman
'Man of Stone'
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com

mroutdoorsman is on another level nowmroutdoorsman is on another level nowmroutdoorsman is on another level nowmroutdoorsman is on another level nowmroutdoorsman is on another level nowmroutdoorsman is on another level nowmroutdoorsman is on another level nowmroutdoorsman is on another level nowmroutdoorsman is on another level nowmroutdoorsman is on another level nowmroutdoorsman is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertty View Post
40-50g of protein is a little too much unless your doing some serious weight lifting. A scoop or half a scoop og whey(8-20g) is plenty for workout recovery. before i leave for the gym/class/exercise i have a banana and half a scoop of whey, and after a cup of raisins and another half scoop of whey. Raisins are also excellent post-workout because they neutralize acids, provide all natural carbs, fiber, and a few vitamins.
The OP didn't specify workout goals so I was going off the basis of MMA conditioning and strength training based off of this being an MMA forum. Anyways if you are taking anything like BCAA the extra protein for sure wont hurt as it wouldn't in the first place but if money is limited could save money on tubs of protein.
mroutdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote