MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - best post-gym food?

View Single Post

Old 05-23-2010, 06:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
recon6991
Bantamweight

recon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enoughrecon6991 will become famous soon enough
I think the OP said losing fat and gaining muscle was his goal. If thats the case your meals should be small and often, 5-8 meals a day to keep metabolism up (i know you didnt ask about that, I just thought it should be said). Post workout nutrition is very important as thats when you body really needs/wants food. As most have mentioned I would go with a protein shake, along with a good source of carbs. Within 30 minutes of working out I usually have ~75 grams of protein and ~40 of carbs.

Good luck with your goals