MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - best post-gym food?

View Single Post

Old 05-23-2010, 06:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
mroutdoorsman
'Man of Stone'
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com

mroutdoorsman is on another level nowmroutdoorsman is on another level nowmroutdoorsman is on another level nowmroutdoorsman is on another level nowmroutdoorsman is on another level nowmroutdoorsman is on another level nowmroutdoorsman is on another level nowmroutdoorsman is on another level nowmroutdoorsman is on another level nowmroutdoorsman is on another level nowmroutdoorsman is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by recon6991 View Post
I think the OP said losing fat and gaining muscle was his goal. If thats the case your meals should be small and often, 5-8 meals a day to keep metabolism up (i know you didnt ask about that, I just thought it should be said). Post workout nutrition is very important as thats when you body really needs/wants food. As most have mentioned I would go with a protein shake, along with a good source of carbs. Within 30 minutes of working out I usually have ~75 grams of protein and ~40 of carbs.

Good luck with your goals
Yeah I saw the lose fat and build muscle but didn't know if there were any more specific goals or targets. In the end though high protein diets with exercise work great for dropping body fat.
mroutdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote