MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Judo vs. BJJ In The MMA World

View Single Post

Old 02-19-2007, 06:06 PM   #33 (permalink)
IronMan
True Grappler

IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJJ Boy
Fine, i still think BJJ is the ultimate Martial art.
You're entitled to your opinion.

As a judo practitioner who crosstrains in BJJ, I have found that alot of straight BJJ practitioners have a hard time pulling a submission on me once I've slammed them to the mat 3 or 4 times and just maintained a solid top position while working armlocks, wristlocks and chokes.

The problem with BJJ is that it's a terribly incomplete style. It focuses on a groundgame, but it doesn't teach effective ways to get an opponent to the ground.

I've never had a problem with a BJJ fighter using leverage or control on me, because they usually have to peel him off of the mat after I hip throw him and take side control about a half dozen times (just doing a basic sidechoke every time we go to the ground).

Learn something about Judo so that you actually have an argument.

Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote