MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - NEWB to MMA from Raleigh, NC

View Single Post

Old 06-02-2010, 10:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
JTP_350z
MMA Fanatic

JTP_350z has a little shameless behaviour in the past
NEWB to MMA from Raleigh, NC

Hey everyone...

As the title states, I'm a newb to MMA located in Raleigh, North Carolina. I'm 19 years old and recently finished my freshman year in college. I have been a fan of MMA/UFC for about two years now. I planned on attending a local MMA Academy here in Raleigh back in 2008, but unfortunate events changed those plans. I started linebacker for my school's Varsity football team, and tore my ACL & meniscus the 3rd game of my senior season (October 2008). This ended my football (also basketball & baseball) career as I knew it. It also ended my plans for starting MMA after the football season was over.

Now it is June 2010, and I am ready and VERY eager to start. I have several questions I would like to ask before I contact a local academy.

1. Are there any members on this forum who have also suffered knee injuries similar to mine that still participate in MMA?
2. Where should I start? - Any suggestions on training and things I should know (ANYTHING helps!)
3. Should I even bother starting MMA after having my previous knee injuries?

Thanks a lot for taking the time to read my post and helping me out!!
JTP_350z is offline   Reply With Quote