MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What martial arts do you do regulary?

View Single Post

Old 06-06-2010, 03:59 PM   #24 (permalink)
Freelancer
Lightweight

Freelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelfighter View Post
I agree I just didn't want to be the guy to say it.

MMA isn't a Martial Arts style at all IMO. Its an eclectic mix of various forms of Martial Arts. However, there are gyms who teach "MMA" which is to say they teach Muay Thai, American Wrestling and Brazilian Jui-Jitsu and the act of using them together in the same room. But I think sometimes the line is blurred as to what is defined as a Martial Arts style and what is not.
I had a huge argument over this with some MMA guys on some other forum. Those guys who train in MMA, insist that MMA is a martial art which has it's own methodology of learning, and that learning other arts if you wanna fight in MMA is bad because it will give you bad habits.