MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What martial arts do you do regulary?

View Single Post

Old 06-06-2010, 03:37 PM   #25 (permalink)
Squirrelfighter
Squirrel Fighting Champ

Squirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelancer View Post
I had a huge argument over this with some MMA guys on some other forum. Those guys who train in MMA, insist that MMA is a martial art which has it's own methodology of learning, and that learning other arts if you wanna fight in MMA is bad because it will give you bad habits.
I can think of a few people like that whom I have met in person. There are idiots come in every size and shape. Best option for dealing with them in my experience: School them in the cage.

The only advantage I could think of from attending an "MMA" school is that you learn to combine what you already know in a controlled setting. In that regard I would be interested in visiting one only to get a better understanding of the various transitions--like the clinch to takedown, top control to top sub (also bottom on both)--those are areas where an "MMA" school would be useful IMO. But as the entire extend of a training program...I would imagine one of those schools would cause the bad habits.

Sig courtesy of that photo-matic magician limba

Quote:
I went out the way that I fight. I went out on my shield. That’s it. Done. --Chuck Liddell
Quote:
My goal is to end my opponent --Carlos Condit
Squirrelfighter is offline   Reply With Quote