MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What martial arts do you do regulary?

View Single Post

Old 06-06-2010, 06:13 PM   #28 (permalink)
Squirrelfighter
Squirrel Fighting Champ

Squirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelancer View Post
The problem is with these guys, some of them think that it's best to start training in MMA without any background if you wanna compete in MMA. They actually think having a background can hinder your learning process because of those "bad habits".

And they believe that fighters without background are better than the ones with, and that in the future everybody will start training in MMA without building a base in some other sport. The thing is that club has a good fighter named Dragan Tesanovic who trained soccer() and strated training MMA and is busting up guys who are European medalists in Judo.They use him as a prime example.

But what irritates me the most is this. How can a sport be called MIXED MARTIAL ARTS, and have coaches from various arts teaching different aspects of the sport, and then be claimed that it is a special, unique martial art?
What MMA is , IMO is the integration of all arts that can together cover the 3 aspects of fighting, not a unique martial art.
Totally agree with you on everything but the number of aspects of an MMA competition I see it as 11 separate areas, though almost every Martial Art cover more than 1. There are a few guys who are just great natural athletes who can jump into MMA and be great.

But there are also those guys who started with just a single Martial Art as a child and grew and evolved into the tremendous machines they are today. I reference Mauricio Rua and Lyoto Machida as two. I don't think Dragan Tesanovic compares...

Sig courtesy of that photo-matic magician limba

Quote:
I went out the way that I fight. I went out on my shield. Thatís it. Done. --Chuck Liddell
Quote:
My goal is to end my opponent --Carlos Condit
Squirrelfighter is offline   Reply With Quote