MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What martial arts do you do regulary?

View Single Post

Old 06-06-2010, 06:18 PM   #29 (permalink)
Freelancer
Lightweight

Freelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelfighter View Post
Totally agree with you on everything but the number of aspects of an MMA competition I see it as 11 separate areas, though almost every Martial Art cover more than 1. There are a few guys who are just great natural athletes who can jump into MMA and be great.

But there are also those guys who started with just a single Martial Art as a child and grew and evolved into the tremendous machines they are today. I reference Mauricio Rua and Lyoto Machida as two. I don't think Dragan Tesanovic compares...
I just have to say that Machida and Shoguna aren't good examples. Machida has had experience in all 3 aspects of MMA: Striking(Karate), Clinch(Sumo) and Ground(BJJ). Also Shogun had experience in both MT and BJJ if I'm not mistaken.
And this guy, Dragan has just started out and is 5-0 in MMA. He is a big prospect they say.