MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Strike Point for kicks?

View Single Post

Old 06-07-2010, 01:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
Tyson2011
Flyweight

Tyson2011 is a jewel in the roughTyson2011 is a jewel in the roughTyson2011 is a jewel in the roughTyson2011 is a jewel in the roughTyson2011 is a jewel in the roughTyson2011 is a jewel in the roughTyson2011 is a jewel in the roughTyson2011 is a jewel in the roughTyson2011 is a jewel in the roughTyson2011 is a jewel in the roughTyson2011 is a jewel in the rough
said it on msn but i figured i'd state it again for other curious readers. it all depends on the form of kick you are using, the thai style kick of course you want to use your shin. people say the top of the foot is dangerous but as a taekwondo fighter we also condition our feet. they are solid and can take abuse. an untrained fighter trying to use thai style kicks is going to F his shin up just as bad as if he were trying to use his foot, its all about what you are accustomed too. i personally use my shin for leg kicks, and my foot for body/head kicks, it isnt as strong by any means, but is a lot faster if you have the technique correct.