MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***Official 2010 World Cup Soccer Discussion Thread***
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Walker
ASS MAN

HELL YES ONLY 2 MORE DAYS!!!!!

I'm stoked to see even France play on Friday and uber stoked to see what happens in the Mexico-South Africa match. That crowd will be going nuts and the home team usually always gets a HUGE boost from the energy from the fans. Mexico should win but home teams rise to the occasion and normally make it out of the first round so I can't wait to see how that goes down.

Then saturday rolls around and I get to watch my 2 favorite teams back to back- Argentina and then the USA. Argentina-Nigeria should be a good match and I can't wait to see Messi in action and in top form. I just really hope Maradona doesn't botch up the coaching too badly- definitely crossing my fingers on that.

With the USA-England- I'm realistic and know we probably won't win but I count them out completely. England losing their captain this close to the Cup is a bad break for them. I'm honestly rooting for a draw at best and then, if not, a close well-played loss so they are still confident to win their next 2 matches with Slovenia and Algeria so they can advance. I really don't want to see a replay of WC 2006 when we gave up a goal within the first 5 minutes before losing 3-0 to the Czech Republic- that sucked huge donkey balls after waiting for 4 years to see if we could build off the quarterfinal run in 2002.

Either way it's so close I can't wait!

This saturday I have Argentina/USA in the Cup, The Texas Longhorn Baseball team in the Super-Regionals and then UFC 115 all in one day. Many a Bud Lights will go down that day.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome