MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - My workout program/questions?

View Single Post

Old 06-13-2010, 11:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
mroutdoorsman
'Man of Stone'
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com

mroutdoorsman is on another level nowmroutdoorsman is on another level nowmroutdoorsman is on another level nowmroutdoorsman is on another level nowmroutdoorsman is on another level nowmroutdoorsman is on another level nowmroutdoorsman is on another level nowmroutdoorsman is on another level nowmroutdoorsman is on another level nowmroutdoorsman is on another level nowmroutdoorsman is on another level now
Overall not bad but here are some quick pointers for you.

Cardio... Your cardio should focus on explosive energy and pushing yourself to the max in bursts. Wind sprints up hills, trail running and anything non traditional is prefered. Sprint wise up hills a good thing to do is sprint as hard as possible up the hill and then jog back down but force yourself with resistance and then repeat and do this to fail more or less.

For the lifting hit your full body every day and work in as many olympic style lifts and atheletic movements as possible. With the deadlifts make them a power clean and move from the clean into a shoulder press.

I am not sure on the material of the bags for the sand bags but try to do lifts and throws with them and other plyometric exercises while using them.

Pullup bar depending on how it is situated and where can be used for a lot of exercises and a lot of variations on the regular pullup. Dips are best for home workouts to be done with chairs from my experience.

Turn your workout days into as much of a circuit as possible and focus nearly everything on explosive training. If you are big, strong and can't explode and move quickly with that energy and strength it is pointless. You have to remember you are trying to train your muscles and body to sustain itself at a full 100% use and exertion for 3x 5 minute periods or possibly 5x 3 minute periods.

If you have any additional questions feel free to ask and I will help all I can!
mroutdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote