Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

UFC 62 - Griffin vs. Bonnar 2

9K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  adminmma 
#1 ·
08/26/2006 10:00 PM ET

People, place your bets. This is going to be a good match, but, my money is on Forrest Griffen :thumbsup:

#4 ·
If bonner fights like he did against Jardine and Evans it'll be a quick night for him.

#7 ·
Forrest Griffin would definitely beat Stephan Bonnar this time. Bonnar wouldn't last a round against Ortiz and Griffin got through three rounds against Ortiz. And Bonnar lost to Evans; Griffin could easily beat Evans. What a pointless match. Pretty predictable. Oh well, the last match was one of my all time favourite UFC fights. Maybe this will be a classic.

#11 ·
Griffin will definitely win lol. He could probably even beat Rashad, the man who easily defeated Bonnar. I think they are just making this a rematch because the first match was so good and entertaining they want to see it again. If Griffin loses I lose 3000 lol. Whoever bet on Bonnar could be a rich SOB if he wins by luck or decision lol.

#12 ·
adminmma said:
More on forrest. Stephan looked rusty, underpowered against Rashad Evans, i think Forrest may walk all over him.

Rashad is HIGHLY underrated , id put anything on him beating Griffin too , styles make fights , good wrestlers can beat these guys

IMO Bonar should have won the 1st , this time around he will do that extra little bit and win this fight by a decision

#15 ·
Actually all Rashad did was lay on top of him. He hit him like 5 times during the whole fight. Rashad is strong and a good wrestler but lacks any real MMA skills. It's not fair to say Bonnar got owned by Rashad. Rashad is a pansy and every time they stood up Rashad used his strength to take it back to the ground and take a nap. Griffin would beat Rashad because Griffin has an excellent sprawl and Rashad would be forced to stand up with him. If Bonnar knew how to sprawl he definately would have beaten Rashad. The time that the fight was on their feet, Stephan dominated and landed every punch and kick. I hope this is a stand-up war I could give 2 shits less who wins I just wanna see another war. If it goes to the ground Bonnar will win though. He has good submissions as shown in his fights against James Irvin and Sam Hoger. But that's if it goes to the ground. If it stays standing up it's going to be unpredictable. You guys keep saying this fight is pointless-well it is to the fighters but not to the people who collect the PPV earnings. They made this fight to make a lot of money on PPV sales, not to see who is a better contender. Obviously Forrest is the better of the two but this fight was set up for the sole reason to make a lot of money.

#20 ·
Forrest G. 4 Sure...!

Adding my 2-cents seems redundant for sure after all, 95% of all I've talked to about this fight see's Forrest as the victor. That also seems to be the concensus around here as well...
My take on the fight is that Forrest will win a very grueling and tough macth. That promisices to be reminissant to thier first fight in excitement and intensity, but one in which Forrest will win in a more desiceive manner.. Forrest seems to have matured more as a fighter ( Skill wise ) than Bonar. Nowhere is this more apparent than in thier reasent losses to Ortiz and Evans (respectivley) How eachone approched his match and the mental and physical condistioning going into and comimg out of those matches... How eachone fared in those macthes should give you an indication of how far they have come along and how much eachone has evloved as a fighter. They both are on the higher encholon of the sport and both have the mark for greatness.. In thier defeats thier weaknesses were exposed; But, that in itself is a good thing as it gives each figther the basis to work on those "weakness" and transform themselves into greater more complete figthers.. This is also my prime reason for picking Forrest over Bonar.. Though I did'nt think that Forrest was ready For Ortiz and should not have taken that fight. However, I belive he will demosrtate that he has learned more from that defeat than Bonar has from his lost to Evans. Main reason being that Bonar and his courner was already given that chance when Bonar barely edged-out a decision win over Jardin.. They had the opportunity to improve on exposed weaknesses but instead Bonar's weakness were even further expossed and exploited when he was totally manhandled by (I admit ) a Stronger, yet less expirenced fighter in Rashad Evans.. This is not to say A win over Bonar is going to be easy. Bonar is one badass M-F'er truely worthy of his Moniker "The American Psycho"..! He's a nightmare for anybody he fights, From the opening bell to the end of the match. If there is one more punch to be thrown, he'll be the one throwing it..!Still, My belive is that Griffen is More improroved and better prepared.. Hence, Forrest G over Stephen B..!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.