MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Best Martial Arts Style to train For Street Fights.

View Single Post

Old 06-21-2010, 09:41 PM   #22 (permalink)
xeberus
The Forum Drunk

xeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelfighter View Post
I completely agree going to the ground is the worst thing to do in a street encounter. But I don't agree that kickboxing is the best option. I think a skilled kickboxer can rip a street brawler to shreds, but an unskilled kickboxer has a legitimate shot at getting KOed in an extended encounter. And there is no such thing as a guaranteed flash KO to end the encounter quickly.

With a standing grapplin art(throwing arts like Judo, Japanese Jiu-jutsu, or Sambo) you can get your opponent on the ground with total ease and then either run, like a normal person, or "stomp them" like a loon!

Of course this is all assuming the opponent doesn't have a gun or knife. If he does have a gun, give him what he wants and hope he doesn't kill you. If he's got a knife, hope your adrenaline inspired running the F*** away is faster than his crazed knife-wielder running!
In a perfect world you would be 100% right.

I am ashamed to say, but if any of my mates got taken to the ground ive kicked the guy on top in the head every time. And every time its been a brutal KO before my friend got his.

The ground in a street fight is death, if you end up there try to surrender or beg anything to escape with your health or life.

If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Sig by D.P.

xeberus is offline   Reply With Quote