MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Hi need some advice with bjj

View Single Post

Old 07-20-2006, 12:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
The Don
Welterweight

The Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay
hey iron man thanks it sounds like you know what you are talking about i use to smoke 2 packs a day i am down to only 4 cigaretts a day today at training it was tough but i was able to keep up i noticed a huge difference today you are right about when you said i will gain weight once i quit any suggestions what would you do i am 5'11 and 225 pounds i am very husky but have some fat i used to body build and screwed my body up with hormones i stopped lifting about 1 and a half years ago and most of my muscle turned to fat should i start lifting also or should i stick to cardio when doing drills and etc i don't want to be fat so what should i do? Thanks
ok for the record.. Muscle CAN NOt turn to fat major misconception.. basicly all that happened is your muscles got out of shape and cellular size decreased along with strength.. you still have the same amount of cells, no change there and you will be surprised how quickly they bounce back . Cardio will help I also suggest adding some weight training.. low weights high reps decent speed kinda like a cardio weight work out.. try adding ankle and wrist weights when you run maybe a weight belt not alot of weight just 2-5 pounds you'll notice a huge difference when your not wearing them after a work out.. will build up speed as well..

My BJJ and MMA Blog

BJJ Board

Use No Way as Way, Have No Limitation as Limitation.
Vincere Vel Mori

Yea I still exist.
The Don is offline   Reply With Quote