MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Can DREAM be the new PRIDE?

View Single Post

Old 06-22-2010, 07:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
UFC on VHS
Lightweight

UFC on VHS is on another level nowUFC on VHS is on another level nowUFC on VHS is on another level nowUFC on VHS is on another level nowUFC on VHS is on another level nowUFC on VHS is on another level nowUFC on VHS is on another level nowUFC on VHS is on another level nowUFC on VHS is on another level nowUFC on VHS is on another level nowUFC on VHS is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amarok View Post
I perspnally think DREAM is PRIDE in 1997. It has to take baby steps before it can step up to the bigger leagues. Your thoughts?
I hope your right but let's get realistic. Pride started in 1997 right as MMA in NA was in crisis. The shows were illegal they weren't making money and they couldn't pay the fighters like what Japan could. The best in the world headed tp Japan and it was a no brainer where to go.

2010 has changed. UFC pays the most they have the best in the world and MMA is thriving all over the world. Japanese MMA is a shadow of it's former self and the UFC has a liscence to print money.

I like Dream but things don't look good. The only thing I can see keeping them afloat is the fact that the Japanese are very loyal.

- Mark "The Hammer" Coleman
UFC on VHS is offline   Reply With Quote