Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

World Cup- 2nd Round(6/27): England vs. Germany

3K views 43 replies 15 participants last post by  Ape City 
#1 ·

World Cup- 2nd Round(6/27): England vs. Germany

#34 ·
Gotta agree with Killstarz, there are far too many ego's on that team and Capello just couldn't tame them obviously. And although you were robbed of one goal Germany scored 4, all becase of Glen Johnson, Upson and John Terry, their defensive work was abysmal. And where the hell was Peter Crouch?!? They must have fallen out or something, Crouch woulda buried that header Defoe hit the bar with.

#40 ·
Gotta agree with Killstarz, there are far too many ego's on that team and Capello just couldn't tame them obviously. And although you were robbed of one goal Germany scored 4, all becase of Glen Johnson, Upson and John Terry, their defensive work was abysmal. And where the hell was Peter Crouch?!? They must have fallen out or something, Crouch woulda buried that header Defoe hit the bar with.

I wondered that the whole match....:confused02:

#37 ·
Germany had so many chances and were so dominant that if they had scored 8 goals instead of 4, the England team could not have complained. I added the goal 'that never was' to Englands score as well so they could not complain about that, making it 8-2.

just trying to make a point on just how bad we were. If it wasn't for some outstanding goalkeeping then i dare say the score would have been a lot worse.

#43 · (Edited)
I wouldn't be so quick to write Argentina off. Sure, they didn't reach the quarter finals because they played so well together as a team, but once the attackers find an opening it's gonna be Neuer who has to save us. Luckily he's awesome. :)

Beating the Netherlands in the final would be oh so sweet... but first we must beat Argentina and then (most likely) Spain. Thinking about it... we didn't really win the lottery. First we get England, then Argentina and if we beat them it's gonna be Spain (most likely). The other bracket has Brazil and the Dutch... and that's it.

#44 ·
Ya but the English turned out to be a big dissapointment. Right now I think the big player are Netherlands, Germany, Brazil, Spain, Argentina, and Portugal. I think the groups ended up working themselves out pretty evenly because all the next match ups are gonna be nail biters!

This is gonna be an exciting finish for this WC!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.