Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Dalton, Georgia
1. It takes time to increase muscle weight.
Most athletes can successfully gain ˝ to 1 pound per week if they eat enough food to meet their calorie needs and train properly. Increasing calorie intake by 500 to 1000 calories per day can help supply the extra calories needed to gain lean weight.
2. Choose higher calorie foods from all the groups in the Food Guide Pyramid.
For example, choose a multigrain bread over white bread, or juices and milk over water.
3. Eat larger food portions.
Increasing the amount of food that you eat at one time will supply the calories needed to gain muscle weight.
4. Eat five or more meals a day.
Eat plenty of high calorie snacks throughout the day.
5. Drink plenty of fluids that supply calories like juice, milk, milkshakes, and sports beverages.
For example, drinking 1 ˝ quarts of grape or cranberry juice supplies 1000 calories. 1 ˝ quarts of 2% milk supplies 720 calories.
6. Set realistic goals.
Hereditary factors can play a large role in physique. You are not going to look like Arnold if your parents look like Pee Wee Herman.