MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Fedor vs. Werdum: Surprise, Shock and Things We Already Knew

View Single Post

Old 06-30-2010, 02:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
IronMan
True Grappler

IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelegend View Post
^ ah, ok i think i know who you meant (didn't really expect you to name, names by the way lol). i don't know about you but i had quite a time watching the showtime guys who were talking up fedor feel oh so wrong with their commentary.
I'm happy to talk about my feelings towards members of the media in private. Most of the people who I talk to at events know how I feel and why I feel that way about a number of people, I just try to keep the specific names out of it on the message boards and in my articles.

As far as the commentary goes, I honestly think that Gus Johnson should have been fired after his comments during the fight instigated by the Cesar Gracie camp at Strikeforce Nashville. Strikeforce ended up doing damage control with their fighters, but I think someone at Showtime should have looked at this guy and said (a) his commentary is weak and (b) he periodically says things that are simply inexcusable and compound damage to a product that we're broadcasting.

That's a professional opinion, so I don't mind voicing it. It's not because I personally dislike the guy. I don't know him. I just think he's causing a lot of problems, and those problems are reason for him to be removed from his job or sent to cover lower level Strikeforce events, like Challengers Series.

Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote