MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - *spoilers* what now aoki?

View Single Post

Old 07-11-2010, 02:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
rockybalboa25
On a Rampage

rockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCFAN18 View Post
I think Strikeforce should send a LW contender to Japan. Maybe.......I donno Josh Thompson or someone.

Who is in line for the LW Tile at Strikeforce? I don't even know.
Either Thomson or Noons is probably next in line. I think Thomson can do the same thing to Aoki Melendez did. Noons gets subbed quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoegazer View Post
Aoki absolutely schooled a top-10 lightweight in Kawajiri. Who knows what his next move/fight will be, though. There's absolutely no reason for Melendez to want a rematch (except money).

It seems to me that Aoki wont be satisfied to sit in Japan much longer and fight scrubs, though. I think he's seriously wanting to start fighting the American lightweights as evidenced by the lack of tights. He's preparing himself. I think one or two more wins without the tights and he's going to jump continents.
If he fights in Strikeforce and loses again, it will really attack the credibility of Japanese fighters. I think there are some interesting fights outside of the UFC (although the UFC would offer the toughest fights for Aoki). There's rematches against Melendez, Alvarez, or Cavalcante. Also there's Thomson.
rockybalboa25 is offline   Reply With Quote