MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - The Giant Asian MMA Thread

View Single Post

Old 07-11-2010, 08:46 AM   #69 (permalink)
DrunkInsomniac
Flyweight

DrunkInsomniac is just really niceDrunkInsomniac is just really niceDrunkInsomniac is just really niceDrunkInsomniac is just really niceDrunkInsomniac is just really niceDrunkInsomniac is just really niceDrunkInsomniac is just really niceDrunkInsomniac is just really niceDrunkInsomniac is just really niceDrunkInsomniac is just really niceDrunkInsomniac is just really nice
Some Bad news:
Quote:
It's been a long time coming, and regular visitors have noticed a drop in my posting over the last few months. As it is now, there are not enough hours in the day for me to be able to keep it up. I have also moved from Japan, and its harder to keep on top of things.

I have met a lot of nice people through this blog over the close to 3 years I have been following the MMA scene in Japan. There are a lot of people I want to say a big thank you to (in no particular order): Joachim Hansen, Antonio Carvalho, Steve Magdaleno, Kazuyuki Miyata, "Mach" Sakurai, Paul McVeigh, Celine Haga, Koichi Pettas, Sean Frew and all my freinds that joined me at these events. Also everyone who has followed my blog, commented and sent me mails.

I've had a great time writing and going to events, and I will continue to write when I go to events, but the updates will be fewer and not as regular as it used to. So for now, sayonara!
Wow, no more Japan-MMA blog. Another site that provides good information gone.

Enomoto In GP! Clash With Natural (T)KO Artist Takagi
Quote:
Two new fights have been added to the August 22nd SRC14 event.

In one of the SRC Welterweight GP Series 2010 Block B fights Mizuto Hirota teammate Taisuke “Gouten” Okuno will take on Nick Thompson, who enters the MMA ring for the first time since losing to Dan Hornbuckle at SENGOKU X.

In the other Block B GP fight, Kenta Takagi will battle Swiss/Peruvian/Japanese Yasubey Enomoto who in his last fight at SRC13 beat veteran Sanae Kikuta in very impressive fashion.

Takagi comes from a Wrestling/Sambo background but all of his 6 MMA victories have come by (T)KO in the first round. He’s 24 years old and in 2004 he won the National Athletic Meet Wrestling tournament at 66kg, in 2006 he won the All-Japan Sambo Championship Hope 74kg tournament, and in 2007 he placed 3rd in the 76kg class of the DEEP-X Real King Tournament and placed 3rd in the Middleweight division of the All-Japan Amateur Shooto Championship (he was dsiqualified in/before the semifinal).

He also had a Kickboxing fight in 2008 at J-Network where he KO’d former Japan Boxing Middleweight champion Satoru Suzuki in the 2nd round. He has never been stopped in a fight holding a 6-2 Pro MMA record, 3-1 Amateur MMA record, and 1-0 Kickboxing record.

Takagi: “I’ll win all fights by KO, take the GP, and then beat Dan Hornbuckle by KO.”

Okuno: “I intend to win all fights by KO and take the championship by a wide margin.”

KTaro Nakamura and Takuya Wada will face each other in one semifinal and the winners of these fights will face each other in the other.

SRC14
Date: August 22nd, 2010
Place: Ryogoku Kokugikan in Tokyo, Japan

SRC Middleweight Title Fight (5×5 mins)
Jorge Santiago vs. Kazuo Misaki

SRC Welterweight GP Series 2010 Block B (3×5 mins)
Taisuke “Gouten” Okuno vs. Nick Thompson
Kenta Takagi vs. Yasubey Enomoto

SRC Bantamweight Asia Tournament 2010 2nd Round
Jae Hyun So vs. Hirokazu Nishimura
Wataru Takahashi vs. Tatsuya So
Shoko Sato vs. Takuya Eizumi
Shintaro Ishiwatari vs. Kil Woo Lee
Revised Featherweight and New Bantamweight Class for DREAM in 2011

Revised Featherweight and New Bantamweight Class for DREAM in 2011 -- MMA Fighting[/quote]

Melvin Manhoef injured his eye

Jong injured his fibula

?????? | ?????????????????????????=DREAM????????[/quote]

Pancrase 2010 passion tour 8/8

“Younger people think NATO is a fabulous group of people, kind uncles with drums and shiny uniforms,”
DrunkInsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote