MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - World Cup- FINAL(6/11): Spain vs. Netherlands

View Single Post

Old 07-12-2010, 08:27 AM   #47 (permalink)
BobbyCooper
Banned

BobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty corner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerlock2.0 View Post
I disagree. Both Iniesta and that guy who jumped into Alonso foot first should both have seen a red card for their actions. Karate Kid got only a yellow card (what the hell?) and Iniesta didn't even get a yellow card for blatantly hitting van Bommel and both times the ref stood right next to them. Then we have that corner for the Netherlands that was so obvious even a bat would have seen it. We had van Bommel committing 6, I repeat 6 major fouls coming from behind that all could have easily been a yellow card if not more and Robben who should have seen his second yellow card after kicking the ball away when the ref had already blown the whistle. There was Iniesta blatantly diving two times in the extra time, one of the dives provoking a yellow/red card that for once really wasn't necessary. All things considered the ref never really had control of the players. And ultimetaly he was the one to cause the situation that led to the goal by not seeing that Sneijder's free kick was deflected.
See thats what I mean. Any other ref would have destroyed the entire game with red cards. Imagine if the same ref who did the German group game was refereeing the final yesterday. They would have played with 3 against 3..LOL.. He saved this great game in my eyes.

But I agree that he should have seen the corner for Holland.
BobbyCooper is offline   Reply With Quote