MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Help With Pain

Thread: Help With Pain
View Single Post

Old 07-15-2010, 02:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Gluteal Cleft
Defecato, ergo sum

Gluteal Cleft is on another level nowGluteal Cleft is on another level nowGluteal Cleft is on another level nowGluteal Cleft is on another level nowGluteal Cleft is on another level nowGluteal Cleft is on another level nowGluteal Cleft is on another level nowGluteal Cleft is on another level nowGluteal Cleft is on another level nowGluteal Cleft is on another level nowGluteal Cleft is on another level now
Joints? Anti-inflammatories. And lots of them.

Whenever you mention joint pain to the doctor, the first thing they usually tell you to do is take 800mg of ibuprofen every 8 hours. And it works alright. So when I have something minor, I just start taking ibuprofen.

If your joint pain is such that the ibuprofen isn't taking care of it... you might want to see a doctor. They can ascertain whether it's something that will go away on its own, whether PT is indicated, or whether you need surgical repair. And... they can give you cortisone shots into the joint, which can help TREMENDOUSLY with the pain (although they won't help the actual injury). They can also give you the better anti-inflammatories like meloxicam.

Bruises... they're a different matter. You need to get the swelling and excess blood out of them. You can use ice or cold RIGHT AFTER the injury, and for a couple of days to prevent the swelling buildup. But that's a hassle... I just live with them.

Leading the Thiago Silva bandwagon
Gluteal Cleft is offline   Reply With Quote