Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

MMA Workout Program - Full Week Long Training Program for YOU

10K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  recon6991 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I just completed a draft version of a workout program for my MMA team to complete on their own outside of the class and wanted to share it here so others can benefit from it. Eventually in the next week or two I will have 4 different versions of it to rotate through for each week in the month to mix things up on the primary training days. The program is a 5 day training and conditioning program and is completely outside of fight training. This can be scaled down if requested for those who do not have the time or ability to complete what is here.

I am also going to attach an example of what my stand-up (Boxing, Muay Thai and some TKD) class consists of.

Anyways hope you all enjoy and can benefit from this.

Training Program - Week 1
Training Program - Week 2

Class Example

Google Docs is the only place I knew to efficiently host the files since I am unable to add them as attachments to the post here.

#7 ·
Emailed to all that replied and updated the links! Using Scibd now and it should work for all to view the documents. If anyone is still having troubles viewing them please let me know. Also if anyone would like me to scale this back to a 3 day program let me know and I will see what I can do.

#10 ·
If I trained MMA I would be all over that program! Really good thing of you do to do to share it with everyone, whoever uses it should post their results to help the OP out.

+rep Op

#11 ·
Thanks and just added week 2. Main change was the strength day with a slight change to the core workouts. Endurance day never really changes for a few weeks in a row but will go to a light weight circuit for week 3 or 4.

#16 ·
I will post a nutrition overview but that all changes based on weight goals. Supplements are SIMPLE though. You just need a good multivitamin, L-Glutamine, and lots of protein... Anything else is honestly a waste. If you eat correctly you will get everything else from whole foods and feel a lot better in the process.

Physically training like this or harder a lot of weeks I am sore every day of the week. All of this is 100% outside of martial arts training too so between BJJ and standup training it can be really tough on the body. It ends up taking a lot of mental fortitude some days to push yourself forward.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.