MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Any Computer Monitor geeks in here??

View Single Post

Old 07-20-2010, 08:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
SideWays222
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Im thinking about buying a monitor in a couple of weeks. The one im currently using i have had for maybe 7-8 years now. It is a verrrry small flat screen monitor. I dont even know how many inches but i just took a ruler and measured it and it is about a 13&1/2 inch monitor (I also learned today that Monitor size is measured by the distance from one corner of the screen's viewable area to the diagonally opposite corner. "Which i had no clue"). The monitor i must say is suprisingly sturdy and in good condition. It isnt until recently that sometimes the Monitors Tint will go somewhat Pinkish but it usually reverts back in 3-4 seconds.

So iv been looking online for good monitors and looking at reviews and what not but just like with every other piece of technology i go shopping for, i like to know a good amount of detail on what im looking at. (Im only 20 years old but hate the idea of buying something that's more expensive to only finding out a month later that i could have bought something better for cheaper if only i knew what i was looking for.).<--- Bought a computer once, only to start studying on computer specifications half a year later only to learn that if i decided to build this computer myself i would have saved 500$ easy.

What im looking for is a good gaming monitor but im also not trying to blow a hole in my wallet. I also tend to look at the monitors specification but in reality i really dont know what im looking at. I tried looking for articles that explain what makes a good monitor and what spec is what but i cant find anything in good detail. Does anyone here know alot about that kind of stuff that can write me a decent overview on what spec is what and what i should be looking for the most. Or even better does anyone maybe know a good website that would have an article on this subject?? Also if you have any suggestions on monitors id love to see them. Im looking to spend around 200-400$ and size of the monitor isnt that important to me because 1. I dont have a crazy amount of room and 2. My current monitor is pretty damn small that any monitor now a days is a pretty big size upgrade. (I do want to make it 19Inches or over though.)

Thanks for any help.

Anyone??