MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - My uncle died, but interestingly enough...

View Single Post

Old 07-20-2010, 07:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Budhisten

Budhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF Material
First of all, my condolences to you and your family... Sad or not, a loss is still a loss, and I feel for you man...

Actually - 5 or 6 years ago I too lost an uncle... Mine was to cancer though... As a kid I visited his farm with my family and drove tractors, got lost in fields and had all kinds of fun... But as the years went on is rarely saw him anymore... Perhaps once a year at the occasinal family-dinner or whatever...

Once I found out he died I got very, very sad and naturally I thought it was because I lost an uncle, a member of my family...
After days of being down I realized that the reason for my sadness was sympathy for my mother (who had taken the loss of her brother very hard), and not grief over the loss of my uncle...

It was a bit confusing for me to figure that out, but in the end I came to terms with the fact that I wasn't missing him because he was such a distant part of my family by the time he got sick...

Family can be a weird entity at times, but that's life :/

(Sorry for mini-rant) :P

MMAForum - Please follow, like and download our app!
Budhisten is offline   Reply With Quote