MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - The Giant Asian MMA Thread

View Single Post

Old 07-23-2010, 01:01 PM   #100 (permalink)
DrunkInsomniac
Flyweight

DrunkInsomniac is just really niceDrunkInsomniac is just really niceDrunkInsomniac is just really niceDrunkInsomniac is just really niceDrunkInsomniac is just really niceDrunkInsomniac is just really niceDrunkInsomniac is just really niceDrunkInsomniac is just really niceDrunkInsomniac is just really niceDrunkInsomniac is just really niceDrunkInsomniac is just really nice
Quote:
G4 TV has added a show that should be of great interest to our readers. This Friday night, July 23, at 8:00pm EST, the network will air Muay Thai fights from Champion of Champions 2 in Jamaica.

This event was held last summer and featured top level Muay Thai stars from around the world. The 1 hour program will include 3 fights from that event: Nathan "Carnage" Corbett v. Tyrone Spong, Paul Slowinski v. Patrice Quarteron, and Clifton Brown v. Kaoklai Kaennorsing. All are solid fights, and in particular, if you haven't seen Spong v. Carnage, that is one to check out.

While not possessing the same reach as a network like Spike, G4 still can be found in a significant market. With HDNet being the only place for US fans to see kickboxing, this news comes as a very welcome surprise. Any chance to see Muay Thai like this is great, and the fact that it is a strong card with top ranked fighters only helps.

With the short lead time and departure from G4's normal video-game centric programming, I am not expecting this to do particularly strong numbers, but hopefully it will catch some eyes and turn into more than just a one time thing. It will also be interesting to see exactly how they handle the presentation. Will it focus more on the tradition of Muay Thai (as the Champion of Champions event itself did) or will they present a more fast-paced, heavily edited program?

Be sure to check it out - Champion of Champions 2 on G4, Friday night at 8:00 pm EST.
G4 TV To Air Muay Thai Program This Friday - Head Kick Legend

I watched this event when it broadcast, and overall thought it had some good fights. But, I must say, I laughed at the event. They had a walk way for fashion, an enormous sticker in the middle of the ring that caused people to slip all over, and there was a controversial call towards the end of the show that left me scratching my head. So, I thought the show was a mess to say the least.

Still, I will be tuning in to watch. Hopefully they edit out all that bullshit and just give us the fights.

-----

Daiki Kameda vs. Rosendo Vega, 10 rounds, junior bantamweights; Koki Kameda vs. Cecilio Santos, 10 rounds, junior bantamweights

-----

-----

Jewels 9:

Misaki Takimoto vs. Lisa Newton
Yukino Oishi vs. Emi "NFC"
Shizuka Sugiyama vs. Esui (Mongolian Pro-wrestler trained by Mariko Yoshida )
Harumi vs. Megumi Murata
Yukiko Seki vs. Miyoko
Amiba vs. Misaki Ozawa

2010 Jewels Lightweight (115-Pound) Queen Grand Prix

Seo Hee Ham vs. Mai Ichii
Saori Ishioka vs. Sakura Nomura
Mika Nagano vs. Celine Haga
Ayaka Hamazaki vs. Lee Han-Sol

----

Hioki vs. Jeff Lawson in August - Gyro

“Younger people think NATO is a fabulous group of people, kind uncles with drums and shiny uniforms,”
DrunkInsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote