MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Is OZ the greatest show ever?

View Single Post

Old 07-23-2010, 06:46 PM   #23 (permalink)
Iuanes
Featherweight

Iuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_DeLarge View Post
It's an extremely diverse and intelligent show.
Oh, and there's only a couple of butt-raping scenes...ass. Small time hipster shit like Scrubs just doesn't compare.

Only shows that could rival the greatest show in the history of the world would be The Wire, Carnivale, and Deadwood. Lost would have been up there..but they ****ed that up. Oz is just the most consistent, compelling, and brilliant show to ever be seen.
The Wire just has better writing, more intricate perspectives,and is much more diverse and intelligent, and gets progressively so into an absolute and intended climax.

OZ is a fun show, and like I said it had a couple seasons that were terrific. Ultimately though, it turned into male soap opera, with some absolutely ridiculous stuff going on, giant plot holes, tired mechanics and then the whole thing just tapered off.

Sopranos is also a strong candidate ,it isn't just about mafiosos and pop psychiatry. (though that stuff is fun too)

Also worthy of mention is Six Feet Under, though it sometimes got too melodramatic, there isn't anybody I know who doesn't respect it at least a little bit.

Oh, and what the **** am I saying.

The Simpsons.

Yeah, its being slowly and agonizingly tortured to death, but the Simpsons in its prime is unstoppable. The cartoon comedy crown obviously now goes to South Park, those guys I swear made a deal with the devil to be able to write the shit they do at this pace for this long.

Last edited by Iuanes : 07-23-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Iuanes is offline   Reply With Quote