MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Breaking into M.M.A. Training Log

View Single Post

Old 07-23-2010, 11:01 PM   #669 (permalink)
IronMan
True Grappler

IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic View Post
So for whatever reason Draculino wasn't teaching class, he just showed up with some guys to say hi. Everyone went to go get pictures, but I wasn't overly excited. To be honest, I'd rather get pictures with people if I'd spent time training with them or something. Otherwise I feel like there's a real fakeness to it all. Like "Oh hey, can I get a picture with you, a renowned X degree black belt, so it looks like we trained together, even though I just met you?"
Don't sweat that kinda stuff, bro. I know the feeling of people getting starstruck around great instructors. I get to train with a fourth degree blackbelt a couple of times a week, but I get starstruck around guys I look up to. Royler's seminar was pretty rough for that.

Still, hopefully you'll get to work with Draculinho at some point. The guy is a legend.

Also, not a bad run at the tournament. Keep working hard. You're game is looking great.

Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote