MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Self training help

View Single Post

Old 07-28-2010, 03:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
persojm0
MMA Fanatic

persojm0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Exclamation Self training help

Hi, I'm pretty new to Muay Thai, and not that great of a fighter. I have been doing Muay Thai for the last 2 months. I managed to swing it with my college to join an MMA gym in Dallas for the summer, write a personal journal of what I have been doing, and recieve an Asian Studies credit and PE credit in return.

I have to say, I've never done anything better in my life. I'm in the best shape that I've ever been, I'm way more confident, and I just like the fact that I've found exercise that's completely badass.

My biggest problem, however, is that my independent study got cut short. I contracted spinal meningitis, was in the hospital for a week, and just got the all clear to start exercising again. I'm not in Dallas anymore, but in Oxford, Mississippi.

I kind of feel like I have my legs cut out from under me. I'm ready to get back to this, and I've started some pretty basic conditioning to work off the atrophy, but I don't have access to even the most basic equipment. I don't have a punching bag, a partner to spar with, and the nearest gym with a Muay Thai instructor is 60 miles away.

All I have is my gloves and shin pads, a set of (cheap) Thai Pads, and my friend's old standing punching dummy that he doesn't use anymore.

I love this way too much to give it up now. Any help on what I can do on my own to stick with this sport
persojm0 is offline   Reply With Quote