MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - The Supporting Knee

View Single Post

Old 07-30-2010, 03:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
meseotheliomia
MMA Fanatic

meseotheliomia has a little shameless behaviour in the past
The Supporting Knee

I only recently started using kicks in my combat style (well kicks to the upper body anyway) and i think that although they could use work they are effective. I have height in my kicks (I'm about 6 feet and i can kick someone my height in the head), i can generate power, and i have enough speed and form to successfully score a hit when I'm fighting someone The only problem is my supporting knees. Anytime i finish training or shadowboxing (something that involves kicking a lot more than i actually would in a ring or in front of my opponent), my left knee almost always aches afterward. This is weird to me because even though i kick more with my right leg (which would leave my left leg supporting), i still throw kicks with my right leg (leaving the left supporting). Which brings me to my question. When you perform a roundhouse kick or any kick that involves pivoting, do you lock the supporting leg's knee? I've been told that you're supposed to lock it by some people, and I've been told that you're supposed to keep it bent by others. Help would be greatly appreciated as I'm going to start cage fighting in a few weeks.

P.S.
sorry if i got over elaborate and broke everything down like that, i just wanted to make sure i got all the details in without confusing anybody because i had a lot to say.

Thanks
meseotheliomia is offline   Reply With Quote